View Full Version : All Hooks Stopped Working
10-Mar-2009, 04:20 PM
Since the last upgrade I did, which was 8.11, all of my hooks have stopped working.
Anyone else have problems with hooks since that upgrade?
11-Mar-2009, 02:40 AM
I figured it out. I had changed the file names from inc to php, and I needed to adjust the file permissions. Once they were adjusted, everything was fine.
12-Mar-2009, 02:05 AM
It's supposed to be backward compatible.
The old ".inc" files should work fine, but you can rename to ".inc.php".
If the ".inc" files were not working, I'm wondering whether there's a problem caused by a PHP setting.
I'll do some testing and post back shortly.
13-Mar-2009, 02:30 AM
Well, for whatever reason, they weren't working as .inc, so I changed them to .inc.php, and they still didn't work. I thought it was something to do with the way I was defining "hook_dir", but I was going around in circles with no results. That's when I changed the file permissions, and they began working again. I changed them from 644 to 755. So, I'm not sure what changed with the script, or if this is a real bug, or something to do with the server. I could send you info on my server if you need, but it's just a shared hosting account on biz30.inmotionhosting.com.
The odd thing is, the primary domain on the server has its hooks set to 644, and they still work. There's nothing in .htaccess files or php.ini that would make them different. I don't know what to think.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.