Welcome to the Tectite Forums! You can download and get support for our free PHP FormMail (form processor) and other free software.
On Windows and IIS, it seems unnecessarily difficult to get FormMailEncoder to work in some cases.
One solution has been found, and it's described in this FAQ.
Following is another solution another customer found:
Here are a few of things I had to do in order to get fmencoder to work
on Windows 2003 IIS6. PHP 5.2.1 itself was simple to setup. I used the
install instructions from this site
I also used the php isapi extension instead of cgi.
1. Created a cgi-bin directory and gave the IIS_WPG and IUSR_Webserver
accounts read & execute permissions.
2. I placed fmencoder.exe and pubkey.txt in the cgi-bin directory.
3. In IIS, I changed execute permissions to "Scripts and Executables"
for the cgi-bin directory. If this is
left on "scripts only" fmencoder.exe will be downloaded in the
browser as opposed to being ran.
4. In IIS I created a Web Service Extension called "fmencoder" and
pointed it to the fmencoder.exe file. The
status was set to allowed.
5. I also had to give the IIS_WPG and IUSR_Webserver accounts read &
execute permissions to the cmd.exe file.
Last edited by russellr; 08-May-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)