+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two suggestions for the Form Wizard

Default Two suggestions for the Form Wizard

1. When adding a new field, either allow it to be inserted at a selected position (e.g. after the currently selected field), or leave the cursor on the new field after adding it or moving it up. At present it is cumbersome to add a field early in the form, as it is initially placed at the end, and each step of moving it up leaves the cursor at the top, so it is necessary to scroll back down to the field each time.

2. In a radio box field, allow a default button to be chosen (as an option - there are obviously cases where it is better not to have a default.

Default Re: Two suggestions for the Form Wizard

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by John Deutsch View Post
    1. When adding a new field, either allow it to be inserted at a selected position (e.g. after the currently selected field), or leave the cursor on the new field after adding it or moving it up. At present it is cumbersome to add a field early in the form, as it is initially placed at the end, and each step of moving it up leaves the cursor at the top, so it is necessary to scroll back down to the field each time.
    This is actually the normal operation. There are links near the bottom of the page for selecting between Basic Version and Full Version. Please make sure you select Full Version.

If that doesn't work, please tell me what browser you are using as it might be a limitation in the browser.

2. In a radio box field, allow a default button to be chosen (as an option - there are obviously cases where it is better not to have a default.
    Thank you - this is now on our TO DO list.
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

Default Re: Two suggestions for the Form Wizard

Thanks Russell, I'll look at the field insertion thing next time I'm working on a form, and I'm glad to see that you've added my radio box suggestion to your "to do" list. I'm very impressed by the speed of your responses.

John

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information