Welcome to the Tectite Forums! You can download and get support for our free PHP FormMail (form processor) and other free software.
We are using the formmail script on 2 lamp servers with plesk.
On 1 server all is fine. On the second one we run into the following problem:
Upon sending the form the browser shows the bad_url instead of good_url
allthoug all fields have been filled out.
The formdata however is submitted and the e-mail is received perfectly.
The bad_url is showing:
So basically it says: failed to send email, but as stated before: the e-mail has been sent!
Tried the following:
Result: testalert e-mail is received but the browser shows: FAILED to send alert message. Check your server error logs.
Again: it did not fail to send the e-mail.
So the problem I am having is that with exactly the same formmail configuration on 2 servers,
one of them is giving me an incorrect error message; in all cases the e-mail is sent just fine.
Thank you for the quick reply,
I've just sent you the data through the secure form.
Including testpage with form and ftp access.
I've done some initial tests, and cannot get your server to send email to me.
I need to run some more tests, which I'll do tomorrow.
In the meantime, can you please ask your host why this *very* simple script doesn't work on the server:
This script clearly shows that a basic PHP operation isn't working, so they need to explain and/or fix it.
If the host has some special settings to make email operate properly, please ask them to provide that information.
I've tried your testscript with my own e-mail address and I do receive the e-mail. However I also get the message that it failed.
Tried another php mail test:
$to = "email@example.com";
$subject = "Test mail";
$message = "Hello! This is a simple email message.";
$from = "firstname.lastname@example.org;
$headers = "From:" . $from;
echo "Mail Sent.";
That also works...
I just ran some more tests and your form seems to be working OK now.
Yes, it is working correclty now indeed.
Strange thing. Our server administrator also did some checks and had something to do with incorrrect permissions
on a systems folder after a recent server-update. So apparently I made the wrong assumption that the problem had to
do anything with the script.
Thank you for your help,
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)