PDA

View Full Version : How do I develop my own form?

Franko
16-Nov-2006, 10:42 PM
I seem to have got the basic operations working using the sample form "sampleform.htm" but how do I develop this into my own "web-site style" form with pictures and logos etc.?

As a new user the leap from the sample to something the style of my web site is too far for me to comprehend at the moment ? :(

russellr
16-Nov-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi,

That's really a question about writing HTML.

It's a completely different area outside the scope of FormMail.

If you aren't able to develop in HTML, perhaps you should hire someone to do it for you.

Franko
16-Nov-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks Russell. I've developed my own site using MS Frontpage and, in the process have picked up a basic knowledge of html. As another form of marketing I could have leaflets printed and send them out to potential customers - but, in this e-age I wanted to be able to create an html email advert(form) which I would mail to prospective customers.

My understanding of form mail was that this was a way in which I could send emails which looked more like a professional advert - rather than just text. Am I wrong?

Having developed my site, it should'nt take much effort to develop my e-mail advert - but if I do it in html (via Frontpage) my understanding was that it was by the use of PHP and Formmail that I could attach it to e-mails. The question is HOW?

My first step has to be to get the e-advert into the hands of prospective customers. It would be very much a next step to try to monitor the responses and collect feedback. So is there anything in the "how to" guides which can help me with that basic step?

However as another form of marketing I wanted to be able to send e-mails to potential customers that looked like a web page - indeed looked something like my own web-page. At this stage I don;t need much feedback - but would want to include

russellr
18-Nov-2006, 07:19 AM
Hi,

In the HOW TO guides you can find how to send an autoresponse.

This can be an HTML email. There's currently no way to attach something to an autoresponse, but it sounds like you don't really need that.

You just need to send a nicely formatted HTML email to the user.