PDA

View Full Version : Send file upload to different server destination

Dashiell
02-May-2007, 01:31 PM
My client wishes to put FormMail on one site and then (because she has limited space on its server) send the file uploads to another larger account on another server. Is this possible?

I changed the value for FILE_REPOSITORY to the new upload destination but a form which had previously been working failed. The error message I got was:

"Failed to save file '/var/tmp/phpXxVJvk' to '/home/mynewsite/public_html/uploads/image001_1.jpg': Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpXxVJvk' to '/home/mynewsite/public_html/uploads/image001_1.jpg'"

I've looked at the various possible configurations for file uploads but can't see anything that would apply. And TARGET_URL seems to be for something else.

Thanks for your help.

russellr
03-May-2007, 04:28 AM
Hi,

If the servers are actually different computers, then FormMail cannot do this. And it's not a feature I think we would ever add.

To achieve what you want, you'll need to set up a Network File System (such as NFS on Unix/Linux) to share files and directories between the computers.

Of course, the HTML form on one server could send results to FormMail installed on another server. This might achieve what you want.