PDA

View Full Version : all tld's accepted

ewel
01-Feb-2006, 05:40 PM
I was wondering if someone knows whether all TLD's are accepted, including the new four character (.name, .info etc.) and 'double' country tld's (such as .co.uk and .com.mt).

The reason I am asking is that I cannot get formmail to work, and none of the domains and emails I am using are of the usual .com type. What I have is along the lines of firstname@surname.name, my.name@domain.info, me@myprovider.com.mt, and I cannot get it to work with any of them. I can't think of anything else that might be wrong.

For the sake of completeness, here is the code of the html test form:
<!-- STEP 1: Put the full URL to formmail.php on your website in the 'action' value. -->
<form method="post" action="http://www.g#########o.info/bin/formmail.php" name="SampleForm">
<input type="hidden" name="env_report" value="REMOTE_HOST,REMOTE_ADDR,HTTP_USER_AGENT,AUTH_TYPE,REMOTE_USER">
<!-- STEP 2: Put your email address in the 'recipients' value.
Note that you also have to allow this email address in the
$TARGET_EMAIL setting within formmail.php!
-->
<input type="hidden" name="recipients" value="e.w#########a@g#########o.info" />
<!-- STEP 3: Specify required fields in the 'required' value -->
<input type="hidden" name="required" value="email:Your email address,realname:Your name" />
<!-- STEP 4: Put your subject line in the 'subject' value. -->
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Sample FormMail Testing" />

In the php code I have:
$TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."^e.w#########a@g#########o\.info$");
define("DEF_ALERT",e.w#########a@g#########o.info (e.w#########a@g#########o.info));

Sorry for the ### but I get enough spam as it is. What is hidden by those signs is correct and identical throughout because I used copy and paste from my Outlook email account options.

The form result itself does not identify the error, but the error message I got by email is:

no_valid_recipients
Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

Since the recipients are set, in my understanding, by the above quoted lines, which as far as I can see are ok, it seems that a problem with the tld's is at least a possibility.

Thanks in advance for any answer or suggestion!

asket
01-Feb-2006, 06:55 PM
hi

to get less spam use the "AT_MANGLE" feature (formmail.php line 2893)
for detailed information search the forum where's already quite a lot depending to this topic or read in formmail.php

for the "DEF_ALERT" setting try this

define("DEF_ALERT","e.w###a@g###o.info");

you have forgotten the ""

an adress like "me.you@hulahula.com.au" and so on should not be a problem
but in formmail.php it has to be quoted like

$TARGET_EMAIL = array("^e\.w###@g###o\.info$");

always put a "\" before a "."

best,
erik

ewel
01-Feb-2006, 07:39 PM
I think it works now, thanks!