Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ERROR: The form required some values that you did not seem to provide.

Default ERROR: The form required some values that you did not seem to provide.

Does this mean that there is a setting in the formmail.php that is requiring that all of the fields of the form be filled out? This is a job application so I don't want them to have to fill everything out if they don't want to.

If you can explain to me what this means I would appreciate it!

Morgan

Default Re: ERROR: The form required some values that you did not seem to provide.

usually "email" and "realname" are required fields
    delete the "required" hidden field in your html form and nothing should be required anymore

Default Re: ERROR: The form required some values that you did not seem to provide.

Hi,

I don't have the word required appearing anywhere in my HTML document! None of my fields are required and I did a test where I filled in each and every field and still got the error. Is there something in the formmail.php file that is requiring something that I'm not providing?

Please help! We have an ad in the paper directing people to apply online and it's not working!!

Morgan

Default Re: ERROR: Tried a tweek that failed, maybe you know how?

I tried deleting the part of the formmail.php that searches for required fields thinking that I could move around the problem that way but then got an error about the form just not working. I don't understand the first thing about php but thought I would give it a shot!

If you think this method would be an easier fix than trying to figure out why it thinks a field is required when none are, then can you walk me through how to do that?

Thanks again for your help,
    Morgan

above all: please delete nothing in your formmail.php file!

and maybe you can post your form or the link to it
    it would be quite useful for me to have a look on it, because I'm not that chief who has the solution just like that

So sorry! I thought I put the link in the first post! http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/...ant-jobs.shtml

Thanks so much for your time on this!
    Morgan

try to delete line 781 in your form:
    Code:
    	<input type="hidden" name="required" value="email:carrie@geeks-ink.com,realname:Carrie" />
    and test it

Default Re: ERROR: No recipeints???

I'm such a jerk. My local copy didn't have any required fields...

So I tried to send a form and now it's just saying that it simply isn't working but I got it to send me an email outlining the problem.

It says "The following error occurred in FormMail :
    no_recipients
    Error=The form has an internal error - no actions or recipients were specified."

Isn't the recipient the Target Email that I set? The action on the form is set to formmail.php...

I put a text copy of the formmail.php script that I am using at http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/formmail.txt if you want to take a look at that. While you're there, will you make sure that I'm using the template option correctly? That was my main reason for wanting to check out this script because I want to use the html template that I created so that the application is readable and signable! The template is located at http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/...ion-email.html

Thanks again!
    Morgan

Default Re: ERROR: No recipeints???

I'm such a jerk. My local copy didn't have any required fields...

So I tried to send a form and now it's just saying that it simply isn't working but I got it to send me an email outlining the problem.

It says "The following error occurred in FormMail :
    no_recipients
    Error=The form has an internal error - no actions or recipients were specified."

Isn't the recipient the Target Email that I set? The action on the form is set to formmail.php...

I put a text copy of the formmail.php script that I am using at http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/formmail.txt if you want to take a look at that. While you're there, will you make sure that I'm using the template option correctly? That was my main reason for wanting to check out this script because I want to use the html template that I created so that the application is readable and signable! The template is located at http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/...ion-email.html

Thanks again!
    Morgan

change:
    Code:
    <input name="redirect" type="hidden" id="redirect" value="thanks.html"> 
    <input name="mailto" type="hidden" id="mailto" value="carrie@geeks-ink.com">
    to:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="good_url" value="http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/thanks.shtml"> 
    <input type="hidden" name="recipients" value="carrie@geeks-ink.com">
    also your email address (line 2763 in your formmail.php file $TARGET_EMAIL) has to be quoted this way:
    PHP Code:
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array("^carrie@geeks-ink\.com$"); 

html template
    to use one add to your form:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="mail_options" value="HTMLTemplate=kodonnells-application-email.html,TemplateMissing=N/A" />
    what you have put as TEMPLATEDIR path in your formmail.php file is a URL, means it's the TEMPLATEURL and not DIR:
    PHP Code:
    $TEMPLATEURL "http://www.kodonnellsrestaurant.com/templates/"

I think that's it

for more detailed information about using a html template read the how-to guides and use the search function right here
    Last edited by asket; 28-Apr-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Thread Information