Thread: Trouble with the formmail ini function

Default Trouble with the formmail ini function

Hi!

I have got the formmail to function without making any specific changes to anything, besides the obvious that needs changing, I even got the verification working without any hassel.

I have then tried using the ini function to disable showing email in the form but I can´t get it to work.

I have this in the ini file (named formmail.ini)
    Code:

[email_addresses]
    carina = "c_kontakt@domain.nu,c_mt@domain.nu"
    In the formpage I used
    Code:

<input type="hidden" name="recipients" value="carina" />
    And in the config part of the formmail.php (renamed that too) I have
    Code:
    $FORM_INI_FILE = "/home/./web25018/domains/domain.nu/public_html/formmail.ini";
    The recipient settings are as follows
    Code:

$TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."@carina\.domain\.nu$",
    "^c_mt@domain\.nu$",
    "^c_kontakt@domain\.nu$");
    Is there anyone that could tell me what is wrong and how to fix it. I have read the docs and I can&#180;t seem to see what is wrong but still can&#180;t get it working.

Thanks in advance,

Regards Carina

Default Re: Trouble with the formmail ini function

I looked this over several times even compared it to a working one of mine and I can not see anything wrong. I do not know that much about all of this but I could not find a problem with the settings you have posted. You did say all the settings outside of the ini ones worked prior to adding the ini correct?

Not long ago I had a problem when moving some sites around. I made a new ini file rather then copy it over. The mistake I made there was a spelling error. formail.ini I missed an m. The ini file was the only file I did not transfer over. I made a new one and in doing so made the mistake. Sometimes it is the small things.

Are you sure your paths are correct? Maybe try moving the ini to the same folder and set the path $FORM_INI_FILE = "formmail.ini"; that would eliminate the path as the problem. If that works then figure out what is wrong with the previous path.

1)double check file & directory permissions are set/chmod correct?
    2)I had a problem with specifying the path to my template where it wouldnt recognize the right path until I created a dir off root (lets call it /inhere) and the only way the script would correctly interpret it was when i put it in quotes like this "inhere" with no slashes / \ no periods .. Then it worked.

also i just looked at the php and i found something that may or may not be relevant to your situation on line 3226 of the php (it only pertains to those using a windows server). Quote:
    " INI_SET_FROM controls whether FormMail attempts to set the
    // "sendmail_from" feature in the PHP configuration. This PHP
    // feature only applies to Windows servers."

these are just guesses, im just brainstorming /trying to help. good luck -peace
    Last edited by amheh; 16-Sep-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Thank you for your replies. I got it working but only when i have the ini path and also file in my subdomain, I cannot put it in the root. I guess our webhotell has got something wrong in permissions on root access so I have emailed them for support and checkout what might be wrong.

If I have the form on the basedomain and not subdomain the inipath works correctly so it has to be a permission thing somewhere.

Thread Information