Thread: Can you edit default MSG_THANKS_PAGE?

Question Can you edit default MSG_THANKS_PAGE?

One more question..

On one of my forms, I have to redirect the user based on a selection in the form. I had serious trouble with doing that, but finally got it to work by adding a small snippet of php at the very end of the script. When I test my page and submit the form, I see this default MSG_THANKS_PAGE for about 2 seconds, then my redirect works.

I was wondering is there a way to bypass this or edit the default message in this instance?

Here's the snippet I added...

if($_REQUEST['redirect']){
    print "<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0; url={$_REQUEST[redirect]}'>";
    }

Thanks!

Karen

Default Re: Can you edit default MSG_THANKS_PAGE?

Use fmbadhandler.php with a template for the reply that will replace the default page.

Then add the following hidden field to your form. My good url template in this was feedback.tpl
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="good_template" value="feedback.tpl" />

Thank you, will try that. I stumbled upon another question if you don't mind?

I have a few differently named copies of this script running on my site. They all work fine, but on one of them, I only get the comments printed on the email. On the exact other forms, I get realname, email, etc. Am I missing something?

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://www.mysite.com/php/contact.php">
    <input type=
    "hidden" name="env_report" value="REMOTE_HOST,REMOTE_ADDR,HTTP_USER_AGENT,AUTH_TYPE,REMOTE_USER">
    <input type=
    "hidden" name="recipients" value="support@mysite.com">
    <input type=hidden name=
    "subject" value="Help Form">
    <input type=hidden name=
    "required" value="realname,email,comments">

If you are not getting the required fields could it be that the form is rejected and what you are receiving is the error message with partial submited info?

I use the same formmail.php and fmbadhandler.php for all my forms. Each form has three templates. Good, bad, and mail templates. I use the formamil.ini file for the recipient. Nobody is posting in the sample form section so I will do so with a form and three templates that go with it. Maybe some of that will be helpful to you or others.

I guess I better stick to one problem at a time...LOL

As far as the default MSG_THANKS_PAGE goes, I checked out fmbadhandler.php and I don't think it will work for *this* specific problem. I tried using good_url in my form, and it overrides my..

}

snippet that makes this particular form work correctly for me. That's why I was hoping I could just edit the parts of the actual php that it refers to....

define('MSG_THANKS_PAGE',105); // Thanks! We've received your....
    or..
    $aMessages[MSG_THANKS_PAGE] = 'Thanks! We\'ve received your information '.
    'and, if it\'s appropriate, we\'ll be in '.
    'contact with you soon.';

When I try to edit those, I get error messages, but I could be doing it wrong, since my knowledge of php is far from good. LOL....Is there a correct way to edit the above references, without getting error messages?

Thanks a billion!

Karen

Unhappy Re: Can you edit default MSG_THANKS_PAGE?

Hello

Checking back in. I'm still having problems with my above post. I really would like to know how I can remove the default MSG_THANKS_PAGE message part of FormMail. It's a wonderful feature that is very useful on my other forms, but this one particular form, I need it gone Any ideas?

Nevermind. I just commented it out. I do get an alert every time the form is submitted, but I'll either just deal with it, or turn alerts off for this form.

Thanks!

Karen,

I was able to go into the base .php formmail program and change the wording on the default error page. So I am pretty sure you can change things around if you want but you'd have to be very careful. I believe the members of this forum would prefer that you just use the stock solution, I agree with that philosophy and it's a good one but sometimes we just need a quick and dirty solution, in my case I simply added a few instructional words of my own choosing to the error page.

I know this doesn't answer your question but if you're willing to dig and learn anything is possible.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tsk928
    One more question..

On one of my forms, I have to redirect the user based on a selection in the form. I had serious trouble with doing that, but finally got it to work by adding a small snippet of php at the very end of the script. When I test my page and submit the form, I see this default MSG_THANKS_PAGE for about 2 seconds, then my redirect works.

I was wondering is there a way to bypass this or edit the default message in this instance?

Here's the snippet I added...

}

Thanks!

Karen
    Hi Karen,

I used your snippet by putting it in the end of the formmail file.
    I also removed the THANKYOU-text after the MSG_THANKS_PAGE remark in the language.inc file (not the formmail file!), and now after submitting a form it shows the msg_thanks_page as a blac page for a millisecond and then my thankyou page asap.

Best regards,
    Sunadumari

Quote Originally Posted by sunadumari
    Hi Karen,

I used your snippet by putting it in the end of the formmail file.
    I also removed the THANKYOU-text after the MSG_THANKS_PAGE remark in the language.inc file (not the formmail file!), and now after submitting a form it shows the msg_thanks_page as a blac page for a millisecond and then my thankyou page asap.

Best regards,
    Sunadumari
    where does one find the language.inc file?

Thread Information