Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setup FormMail on Yahoo Small Business

Default Re: Setup FormMail on Yahoo Small Business

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

I'm mostly dealing with customer's websites, even though I have my own. I tend to look at hosts from a different perspective, because I don't need lots of technical support. I've obviously worked with Yahoo web hosting, a couple of times for a couple of clients, and in both cases the clients had really lame hosting accounts, with really outdated server specs/features. I tend to operate on the latest technology, and to me a host with php version less than 5.2.x is unacceptable. The last client I had on yahoo had php 4.x.x, and it was really lame and restrictive.

Again, if it works for you, then it's really a non issue, but if you can't send email, then it's not really working for you. I see where you give suggestions that work, so I'm not saying Yahoo doesn't work for you, but what a pain they and hosts like Godaddy are. I like good small hosts, and then they get popular and break down, and I move to another good small host.

My current host is awesome, and FAST. I won't advertise for them though, because I don't want them to get too big too fast. I will say, I found them on webhostingtalk forums, and the service is way beyond what you will find at any medium or large host. In almost every case where I've spoken with them about pre-sales and technical questions, I'm talking with the owner of the company who is also chief admin. He even installed services on my account just because I asked (and this is shared hosting). It doesn't get any better or safer. Litespeed webserver instead of Apache too! Price:$6.95 a month!!! (and that is the billed by the month price)

You can PM me if interested in this host. I'm not just going to tease you and leave you with nothing. I just fear the inevitable, because this host is almost too good to be true.

Wink Re: Setup FormMail on Yahoo Small Business

Yep. You got it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The worst web provider I ever had was Netscape servers in 1997 with Southwestern Bell. What a bag of crap that was...LOL

Lynne

Thread Information