Thread: edit the html in dreamweaver

Default edit the html in dreamweaver

Hello I am still struggling to get the sample form or my own basic form to work using formmail...both of them show the same error

http://www.acabininarnold.com/mail.html

i have been trying to read as many tutorials as possible and one of them said never to edit the php in dreamweaver? is this true?

Default Re: edit the html in dreamweaver

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood View Post
    Hello I am still struggling to get the sample form or my own basic form to work using formmail...both of them show the same error
    And what is that error?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood View Post
    i have been trying to read as many tutorials as possible and one of them said never to edit the php in dreamweaver? is this true?
    Yes, scripts should be edited in a plain text editor like Windows Notepad or similar. The title of this post says "edit the html in dreamweaver". It's fine to edit the "html" in Dreamweaver (the form), but the script that processes the form (formmail.php) should be edited in a plain text editor and uploaded to the server in plain text/ascii mode.

In your last post you said you received an error message saying that the staff had been alerted to a problem. You are the staff (provided you set your email address in the $DEF_ALERT setting in formmail.php), and you should have received an email describing the problem in a little more detail.

The email address you used for "recipients" also needs to be defined in the $TARGET_EMAIL setting within formmail.php.

I'd suggest trying to get the sample form to work, before confusing the issue with your own form. I'd also suggest starting fresh with a new copy of formmail.php and using the Configuration Wizard to help you get started.

ginger
    Last edited by ginger23; 26-Nov-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Thread Information