Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am having a cookie problem with my dynamic site.

Default Re: I am having a cookie problem with my dynamic site.

Try again crabtree. I change some stuff around so you could not log in for a few. You can login now man. Sorry.

Now I understand what your saying. About messing with this or that. I know its a frowned upon to change the code in formmail.

Just remember that this is a throw away website. Its a development website nothing more.

So in order to solve a problem you must first understand he problem.

Also remember that their is not a book on how to take a stand alone app like Russells wonderful formmail and integrate it into a cms.

So I know im not reinventing the wheel here. But at least I will share my problems along the way. In order to help people that come behind me.

So don't worry about the security of russels app. We are still on a fishing expedition here.

We will also make darn sure his app has been documented if it needs changed.

We have not made it that far yet. We are only testing the possibilities on a dev site.

No harm no foul just learning!

Quote Originally Posted by crabtree View Post
    ok youve said that u r being logged out of ur cms when u use ur form

i've tried it and it doesnt do that to me

youve also said that u cannot even log into ur cms with IE

i can

doesnt that prove theres nothing wrong on the server and the problem is ur pc?

confused

that sounds dnagerous.

the SESSION_NAME config in formmail connects formmail to the same sesion. why do u want to add extra code that could be breaking things?

it doesnt sound like ur approaching ur set of problems in a logical way - no offense intended
    Ok let me be a bit more specific. My son has tested these issues from his house as well. He reports the same issues that I have! We have been running this cms for years and we know our product well. Yet we are experiencing unusual behavior created by formmail being shoehorned into it!

So if I step back and try to explain the ip address problem maybe you will understand.

My website resolves to a specific ip address on my server. Russels formmail is telling my cms what that ip address is. The formmail does not need to tell my cms what the ip address is. My cms already knows this own its own.

So again we are just fishing at this moment. Trying to understand why the formmail is pulling the ip address of the server and displaying it in the cms.

There is some sort of conflict somewhere that I was hoping to solve in the settings of either system. That has not worked yet. We may have missed something. But I promise you its not my browser.

It is a little weird that you are reporting no issues. But what im not sure of on your end is if you understand if you are really logged in or not? The cms is a little funny in the way it reports these things. Things like double ip address's for one user are the norm for about ten minutes when logged in. After about ten minutes the second ip address go's away because you have been logged in enough for the table to clear.

You got to remember that we have solved half the issue by changing a few things here and there. Yes we did hack the formmail just a little and I will post that code in a few.

No worries....

yeah i undestand about testing stuff

So don't worry about the security of russels app. We are still on a fishing expedition here
    my worry is ur saying "no fish in this river, lets throw in some dynamite and move to the next river"

i think with testing u need to figure out the first problem u hit first

if i wuz u, i'd figure out why ur cms and vulletin is loggin u out. if necessary get a differnt pc where it doesnt happen

its better to spend 1 day figuring out a basic problem than spend 3 days randomly hitting more problems and efectively getting nowhere

if u dont use formmail, why does ur cms log u out after 10 minutes?

why cant u log in with IE?

as i said...it doesnt happen for me.

just logged in, tried ur form all the way to the error (ur missing the last page), and i'm still logged in

Okay man I am going to take your advise. I will download another browser and install. I do understand man really. It just makes me wonder how this could be happening here. But no where else i go to? I post on a lot of forums because I love to learn.

Maybe I will learn something this time. I will throw Apple's - Safari at this to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crabtree View Post
    yeah i undestand about testing stuff

my worry is ur saying "no fish in this river, lets throw in some dynamite and move to the next river"

i think with testing u need to figure out the first problem u hit first

if i wuz u, i'd figure out why ur cms and vulletin is loggin u out. if necessary get a differnt pc where it doesnt happen

its better to spend 1 day figuring out a basic problem than spend 3 days randomly hitting more problems and efectively getting nowhere
    Amen I hear you loud and clear!

if u dont use formmail, why does ur cms log u out after 10 minutes?
    You miss read my post. The cms uses double ips for a bit when you first log on. If you click (More) on the left down bottom you will understand!
    The cms doesn't log me out until I hit formmail. Thats it I dont have a log out problem with the rest of the cms.

why cant u log in with IE?
    as i said...it doesnt happen for me.
    This is a very good question that I dont have an answer for yet! Ie works fine on all other sites built with the same cms.

just logged in, tried ur form all the way to the error (ur missing the last page), and i'm still logged in
    Not sure what to say so I am going to find other ways to test. I have all the different IE installed maybe I will throw ie6 and 5.5. at it as well...

Be back in few thanks for all your help. You have been awesome!

Hum I just logged in with IE7 went around in the admin section messed around a bit. IE7 is working fine. Except when I run thru formmail it then logs me out.

lol

Safari is going to be few. The file is downloading real slow.
    Last edited by billy; 17-Dec-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Okay man I have used FF, IE7, IE6 and IE5.5 all with the same results. I can log in and do anything I want except use the formmail. It logs me out of the site when on those pages. As soon as it hit the home page i'm logged in again with out logging in.

The cms should know that im on a page thats wrapped???

Im just throwing this out there for later on. It could be the wrapper im using to skin formmail. Maybe something is not correct in that part of the site.

Hum that's the best idea I have had all night! It has to be my wrapper. The system is unaware of the new pages I have loaded. I need to tell the wrapper about those pages.

crabtree i'll be right back!

No joy! crabtree i'm going to call it a night. Thank you for all your help today! I will need to come back to this issue tomorrow i am beat.

There are three settings in formmail that relate to this issue.

/* Help: http://www.tectite.com/fmdoc/session_name.php */
    $SESSION_NAME = "";

/* Help: http://www.tectite.com/fmdoc/session_access.php */
    $SESSION_ACCESS = array();

/* Help: http://www.tectite.com/fmdoc/destroy_session.php */
    define("DESTROY_SESSION",false);

Only one has docs. I will half to search around some more.

This looks pretty important

http://www.tectite.com/vbforums/show...t=SESSION_NAME

Hum i hope thats not happening to my server.

Thread Information