Thread: "Return to form" link in fmbadhandler - erratic placement and appearance

Default "Return to form" link in fmbadhandler - erratic placement and appearance

I'm implementing FormMail (v. 8.11) with fmBadhandler (v 1.17) for a multipage form. (4 entry pages and a thank you/result page)

I had it working perfectly before I implemented the series on the shared SSL certificate at the host; now it has glitches.

Three of the most obvious glitches are:

a) when encountering a "you did not fill out the required fields" error, the "You can return to the form to fix the errors" link appears under the bottom of my page footer. In other words, it is not being rendered where I have placed the <fmfullerror /> output tag, but instead just above the </body> tag of the html template. Anyone else have this happen to them?

b) the "return to form" link does not appear on every error page- despite having identical bad_url and bad_template hidden fields across the data entry pages. So even though I am asking users to fill in required forms, some errpr pages have the link at the bottom of the list of fields (well, okay, at the bottom of my page), some do not. Outside of screwing up the flow a bit, it's bad usability. Has that happened to anyone?

c) Occasionally, I'm getting a time-out message from IE 7 when using one of the "Go Back" buttons - even when I'm powering through with test data at 100 wpm. (and there's not that much data). That never happened before I moved to SSL. Are there any known issues or workarounds for that?

Feel free to go through the form - just name yourself "tester" or "Jeffity Jeff" or make yourself from Mars or something The form validation is regrettably light, as I've found in the past the particular audience for this site just gets flustered, and there's huge person-to-person contact between the people running the conference and the attendees anyway.

https://womensbusinessconference.u2-...istration.html

Thanks!

Default Re: "Return to form" link in fmbadhandler - erratic placement and appearance

Okay, I fixed the a) problem - I needed to insert a <return_link/> into my error template.

Still having problems with the return link not actually showing up as an error page for one of my pages. No input from anyone on that?

The timeout doesn't seem to be a problem with the return link, so I'd really like it to show up on all the pages.

Default Resolved

I'm an idiot - for some reason, the "this_form" hidden field had disappeared. I wasn't looking closely enough.

Hope my bad cut and paste skills help someone else with a similar problem...

Thread Information