Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Php5

Default Php5

My Host just upgraded to PHP5 and now a database insert that was working doe not. Anyone else have any issues?

I am using the fmhookprefinish.inc.php to drop mit into the database. I was working find.. then they 1) moved to a new server, 2) new server had PHP5 and 3) new server had mySQL 5.. so a lot of changes.. and errors on their side, but now after 6 days I have moved to a new host that has PHP5.2.5 and I have tried mySQL 4.1 as well as 5.0 and neither get the data added.

Looking to see if anyone else has seen or is aware of issues posting data into database after PHP upgrage

Default Re: Php5

I have narrowed it down that it is not the new PHP or mySQL, but rather the full path to the directory to be able to use the hook form ($HOOKDIR)

I will create a new posting for that one

Hi,

You just need to run testalert to get the correct path to your new document root, and adjust the path to include your hook directory from there.

ginger
    Last edited by ginger23; 03-Feb-2009 at 07:42 PM.

I tried that, but got the same path as I got with the GETCWD() command in a PHP file. It is on go Daddy and has the path of:

/home/content/u/s/e/username/html/domain.com

I had problems when IX moved to another server and they were not helpful in getting it going.. so I moved it to GoDaddy.. same issue, so I am thinking there may be somehting that prevents looking at the full path or something. I got around it by putting the insert database php into a fundtion at the bottom of the tectite formail.php code... not really the best for future upgrades, but it appears to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by 911bob View Post
    /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/domain.com
    That doesn't look right. Are you sure the path to your document root doesn't stop after "html" ? Is your hook directory above or below the document root? I would try the following (which assumes your hook directory is right below the document root):

/home/content/u/s/e/username/html/hookfolder

ginger

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/content/u/s/e/username/html
    SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/domain.org/new-registration.php
    PATH_TRANSLATED: -not set-
    REAL_DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/domain.org

I would use the fmtemplates directory that is under domain.org/
    Like:
    /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/domain.org/fmtemplates

Did you try this:

/home/content/u/s/e/username/html/fmtemplates

ginger

Sorry for the delay I really appreciate you quick responce to help, and owe you an update.

I did a quick test of what you suggested and it did not seem to work, however with the alligators after me, I reverted back to putting in the SQL insert function at the end of the formail.php and called it when the prehook would normally be call.. so it is working...

I hope to have time in the next day or two to throughly test your suggestion, and I will post the reply here. It is the better way to go and will get me back to simple upgrades +++ I will be able to use the cleaned data for my SQL input..

Is this a Unix/Linux server or Windows? The path you show looks like a Unix/Linux server.

This is from GoDaddy regarding the absolute path on Linux accounts:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/58

ginger

Yes it is Linux..

I have seeral domains in my account with each being located in a folder that has the domain name for the folder. so under the html folder is a mydomain.com folder, and under that is my form folder..so I end up with:

/home/content/j/o/h/johndoe/html/mydomain.com/fmfolder

When I have it in for the Template directory, I get an error there and the templates for the mail html form is not sent.. this works if I use the $TemplateURL, but then it hangs to a blank screen, and I assume it is because of the entry in the $HOOK_DIR..

If the HOOK_DIR is blank is it OK (except my php file to drop it into a SQL database is not run.)

So I am fairly sure it is in that path where the error is happening, but just have to try to find what works when I put it in.

Thread Information