Thread: Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

Default Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

I am trying to set up formmail to email the contents of a form to me. My form has the following code:

<form id="Information" name="Information" method="post" action="http://www.gemassociates.co.uk/formmail.php">
    <input type="hidden" name="env_report" value="REMOTE_HOST,REMOTE_ADDR,HTTP_USER_AGENT,AUTH_TYPE,REMOTE_USER" />
    <input type="hidden" name="recipients" value="admin@gemassociates.co.uk" />
    <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Further Information Enquiry" />
    <input type="hidden" name="good_url" value="confirmation.php" />

Formmail target mail is set to:
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."^admin@gemassociates\.co.uk$");

Whenever I try to send the form, I get the error:
    The following error occurred in FormMail :
    no_valid_recipients
    Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

I've trid the FAQ's and even rebuilt the form fro scratch but can't see where I might be gong wromg. Can anyone help a newbie to all of this please.

Thanks

Default Re: Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyes View Post
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."^admin@gemassociates\.co.uk$");
    Seems like you forgot one backslash to indicate the second dot not to be a functional character. You got to change it to:
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."^admin@gemassociates\.co.\uk$");
    But, having the same problem, perhaps one could help me. Here's what I've got in the HTML:

var seite3 = '<form method=\"post\" action=\"formmail.php\" name=\"SampleForm\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"env_report\" value=\"REMOTE_HOST,REMOTE_ADDR,HTTP_USER_AGENT,AUTH_TYPE,REMOTE_USER\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"recipients\" value=\"theosis@web.de\" /><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"required\" value=\"email:Your email address,realname:Your name\" /><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"subject\" value=\"Sample FormMail Testing\" /><input type=\"text\" name=\"realname\" /><p>Please enter your email address:</p><input type=\"text\" name=\"email\" /><p>Please enter your message:</p><textarea name=\"mesg\" rows=\"10\" cols=\"50\"></textarea><input type=\"submit\" value=\"Submit\" /></form>'
    Actually this is a javascript variable that's getting dynamically written to a DIV container when some link is clicked (via .innerHTML). It works fine so far, the contact form is displayed well.

Here's the relevant content of formmail.php:

$TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."^theosis@web\.de$");
    As a result, I get the error message "Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified."
    It occurs regardless what I change the email address to, even when trying wildcards on the PHP side (e.g. "@web\.de$" etc.).

Any ideas? Anyone to help? *sigh*

PS: You can look on the site here: http://chartophylax.stsimeon.bplaced...-progress2.htm
    Clicking on "Kontaktformular" brings you to the contact form.
    Last edited by apxwn; 27-Apr-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Default Re: Error=The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

You've both made the same mistake in $TARGET_EMAIL. You need to either use:

Code:
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."@yourhost\.com$");
    ... OR ...

Code:
    $TARGET_EMAIL = array("^youraddress@yourhost\.com$");
    The first allows anyone at yourhost.com to be the recipient. The second allows only specific addresses to be recipients.

This has been posted in the forums regularly.

First of all, thank you very much, ginger23.

But I must confess that even when reading your reply I was unable to see the difference at first. It is "business myopia".

When specifying a complete email address (not a whole domain) as sole recipient, we have to omit the "EMAIL_NAME." prefix in $TARGET_EMAIL of formmail.php. That's the solution.

Thanks again!

Yes. EMAIL_NAME is a variable placeholder for "any address" at a certain domain.

The other specifies a specific address.

Many thanks for all the help. Form now working as expected.

Thread Information