Thread: $return link not working

Default $return link not working

Hi folks
    I searched far and wide, and have tried heaps of variants but cannot get the return link from my error template to work.

My form is here: http://www.romza.com/grmail.htm

When I follow the return link from the error form I get the following message:

Cannot open form URL: http://www.romza.com/grmail.htm?USER...ac65f2bba497&: Failed: 302 Moved Temporarily

As far as I can gather I have all everything set up properly and have tested with
    http://www.romza.com/testurlopen.php which seems to be fine as well.
    All help greatly appreciated.

Post Re: $return link not working

Your return link worked for me. I did not get the 302 error. It took me back to your form. However, it did not remember what I already filled in the form. This is probably because you do not have value="" on your input fields. See example below:
    Code:
    <input name="last_name" type="text" value="" size="45" maxlength="30" />
    For your bad template try "grerror.html" rather than "/grerror.html". Your TEMPLATE_DIR should take you to the bad template directory without the need for the extra "/".

For the good and bad url, I prefer using the full path. Not sure if it is necessary but it is cleaner and eliminates mistakes.

Default Re: $return link not working

Thank you for having a look at this.
    I do not get the 302 either now. Maybe I should have closed my browsers and/or computer before retesting; maybe it was a local error??

I have checked and updated the fields like you said and how it is explained in fmbadhandler.php (ie added value AFTER type and name), but the form does not remember the entries I made, except for the textarea field, and that tag is not supported according to fmbadhandler.php, but it is the only field that remembers its input.

Played around with different orders of the type, name and value attributes but no go ...

And then I found this post:
    http://www.tectite.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=213

You cannot use email and realname as names for fields you want remembered!
    So all is working now, just need to clean up html and text.

THANKS

Post Re: $return link not working

Hi,

That is true about realname and email. I use email1 so formmail will remember it. Then in my derived fields I have email = email1.

Thanks, jzieba, much appreciated!

Now I got everything working just fine on a test website, see posts above, but when implementing it in the site I was preparing it for, I am encountering some problems.

The site I want to use the badhandler script is a CMS site and it reorganises my code, with the result that fmbadhandler.php does not work.
    For example I paste the following code in the CMS system:

<input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="realname=username,email=useremail" />

But when the CMS system actually draws the HTML for the page, the order is jumbled up as follows:

<input type="hidden" value="realname=username,email=useremail" name="derive_fields" />

Fmbadhandler only seems to work correctly if the attributes like name and value are in a particular order, and the CMS system is stuffing things up.

Does anybody have any ideas whether this reordering of attributes can be prevented?
    (Maybe I got to contact the people wo designed the CMS? ... )

Thread Information