Default Re: Need help w/ two-page form

cool!

u want this setting:

PHP Code:
    $MULTIFORMDIR "/home/content/d/r/i/dridpath/html/Templates"
    and if u have $TEMPLATEDIR set, u probably want this too:
    PHP Code:
    $TEMPLATEDIR "/home/content/d/r/i/dridpath/html/Templates"
    2. Also, does it make any difference to the way the path is specified since my site is being hosted on a Linux server; ie forward slashes or back slashes?
    always use forward slashes - /

3. Even though I've put the multierror.htm in the Templates directory and indicated in the path that it could be found there, it doesn't seem to be using it.
    if u had $TEMPLATEDIR set differently, the above will probably fix that prob

4. And, while clicking the "next" button will not go to page 2 of the form (Page not found error), I still get the emailed results of whatever was entered in this form.
    that's probly fixed now

Nope, still not working. I get the form results, but "next_form" is not working. Still getting Page not found error. I must have missed something somewhere. I changed the $MULTIFORMDIR and $TEMPLATEDIR as you said tho. It's almost as if my Templates directory is invisible.

D.

i think the path is wrong.

this URL looks like it works: http://www.dridpath.com/Templates/order_page.html

so it might just be the wrong directory path on the server.

i've attached a little script i use.

upload it to ur document root and then open it with a browser

it tells u the directory path.

copy it to ur Templates directory, and then open it there, too
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, I did this. (Thank you) The directories come out the same as I set $MULTIFORMDIR and $TEMPLATEDIR.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but the a couple of days ago when I uploaded the Tectite sample multipage files to the server to test, I got the same Page not found error.

D.

ok, that's good....that's not the prob

i just tried ur form.

the page not found is coz u don't have fmbadhandler.php installed on the server.

u can either install it, or comment out "bad_url" from ur form for now.

the error is caused by this:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="required" value="TotalDesign" />
    u don't have a field called "TotalDesign" on ur form.

u do have a field called "$TotalDesign" which is just plain wrong:
    HTML Code:
    <input name="$TotalDesign" type="text" id="TotalDesign" tabindex="13" value="$" size="6" maxlength="6" />
    rename it correctly:
    HTML Code:
    <input name="TotalDesign" type="text" id="TotalDesign" tabindex="13" value="$" size="6" maxlength="6" />
    have u thought of hiring someone to do this stuff for u?

Well, shoot, I did have fmbadhandler.php on the server. Don't know what happened to it. I just uploaded it again. If that doesn't work, I'll comment out bad_url. It surely must have been there though because I just tried the Tectite multipage form test, and it worked fine after I moved pages 2 and 3 to the Templates directory.

Oops! I did once upon a time have the field set as "TotalDesign" and somehow with my messing about with stuff ended up putting a $ in front of it. It's out now.

have u thought of hiring someone to do this stuff for u?
    Oh yes. If only I cold hire someone to do it. Unfortunately, I'm doing this site mostly for free for some friends because this is just a hobby start-up business for them and they don't have much money coming in yet. Believe me, this is not my regular job. I work for an employment agency, so if I can't get this going soon, I may see how much one of our programmer temps would charge. But like I said, any money I spend on it is out of my pocket and it's not even my site. Therefore, I know I'm a pain, but I really appreciate your help. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something.

D.

When I just test the form again I get this message now:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for http://www.dridpath.com/Templates/multierror.htm in /home/content/d/r/i/dridpath/html/fmbadhandler.php on line 1113

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/content/d/r/i/dridpath/html/fmbadhandler.php on line 1113

Did you get this too? What does this mean? I think I'll comment it out for now and see what happens.

D.

ok....i'll keep trying to help

ur friends are getting u and me for free (and tectite's software)....geez!

now when i submit ur form, I see this:
    Code:
    Warning:  filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for http://www.dridpath.com/Templates/multierror.htm in /home/content/d/r/i/dridpath/html/fmbadhandler.php on line 1113
    that tells me u need to set TEMPLATEDIR correctly inside fmbadhandler.php.

set it the same way u have it in FormMail.

now, the new error is "no valid recipients" (i can see it in the URL not on the page)

i think u said u used the tectite wizard. therefore, u have changed the "recipients" value manually or changed the config inside formmail manually.

no wonder ur getting frustrated....u keep breaking things that should be working (not a criticism, just a fact)

here's wot u have:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="recipients" value="dianeXY13stpsijobs.com", "diane.ridpathXY13stcox.net />
    that's wrong and did not come out of the wizard

if u still have a wizard subscription active, here's wot to do:
    1. download ur formmail from the server. take a backup copy too!!!!!!!
    2. go to the wizard and select "re-configure"
    3. do basic configuration and make sure u answer the email questions accurately.
    4. once u get the download, upload the new copy of formmail to ur server
    5. open one of the download sample forms and copy the "recipients" field value to "recipients" field value in your "Create_Design_top.html"

i wish i had friends like u.

Ok, I will try to reconfigure tomorrow. I have to go to bed now or I'll be on facedown on my desk all day tomorrow.

However, what you post there is what the configuration wizard set. The 13stXY is in the place of @. That's the spam control. It was working fine with it that way and I didn't change any recipient settings. Swear. Mostly the only things I've been changing is the paths.

Well, maybe I'll run the form through the Wizard again right quick. It doesn't take long. I've got a week left.

Yep, heck of a bargain. I'm just paying if forward. I figure what goes around comes around.

Thread Information