Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help w/ two-page form

Default Re: Need help w/ two-page form

ok, if u understand the AT_MANGLE stuff, then maybe u don't need to reconfigure.

but u do need to check ur $TARGET_EMAIL setting and fix ur recipients field coz it's defintely not right

Good grief! Now when I test it's saying:
    Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /Create_Design_top.html.
    What next!?

I uploaded the new "tectiteformproc.php" file. Made changes in the Create_Design form by looking at the source code for one of the wizard's sample pages.

It did say the the "recipient" had to also be set in formmail (tectiteformproc in my case) In the Create Design page the recipient is "diane.ridpath13stXYcox.net" but, in formmail it's .....

$TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."@dridpath\.com$",
    "^diane\.ridpath@cox\.net$");

Does it matter that they don't match exactly?

Oops. Found that problem. 2 sets of quotes where they shouldn't be. Now it tells me I have duplicate fields, so off to check that.

OMG! OMG! OMG! IT WORKS!!! Just picture me happy dancing here.

Now to safely change it all with my friend's website info instead of mine. What a pain.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Diane

P.S. Would you mind to help me do one more thing? Do I just need to put the $ in front of the field TotalDesign on page 2 of the form to get the total that the user entered on page one (if he entered one on page one) to automatically go there? I for one can't remember what I put on page one. LOL Some day down the road (way down the road) I might learn how to have to total automatically figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    OMG! OMG! OMG! IT WORKS!!! Just picture me happy dancing here.
    excelent!

P.S. Would you mind to help me do one more thing? Do I just need to put the $ in front of the field TotalDesign on page 2 of the form to get the total that the user entered on page one (if he entered one on page one) to automatically go there?
    yep.

so, anywhere u put:
    HTML Code:
    $TotalDesign
    on page 2, formmail will substitute the value of that field.

if u put it in the wrong palce, then the page may break. just think of where it's valid to put stuff like "1.23" (without the quotes)

I'll give it a try later today. I am sooooo tired this morning. When I tried it before, going by the instructions in the "multitest" forms, I could see the value $TotalDesign in the box instead of the number that should have been there. That's actually what you see if you open up page 2 (multitest2) of this group of forms as well.

One more thing (x-ing fingers)...I got the results of each page in two separate emails, one for each form page. Is there any way to make both come in one email? I may be asking to much here.

D.

Okay, yay! I did it. There are just a couple of issues though that I'd like to resolve.

1) Page 2 of the form includes the email and name from page 1. Very good. However, although it looks fine to the user, when the email comes through it looks like this:

email:

realname:

Diane_Smith: Diane Smith

2) I have put subject lines in both forms so getting them in two parts is not as big of an issue anymore, but......

When results from the first page (Alpha-Art: Page 1) come through via email, it shows the senders name and email that was entered into the realname and email field. In the above test is shows "Diane Smith [diane@123.com]"

But....the second form (Alpha-Art: Page 2), shows that it's coming from:

dridpath@p3nlh003.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

How can I set it to show the sender's name and email like it does on page 1. Hmmmm, it just occured to me that it's probably because there's no email field on page 2, right?

I'll include it and see what happens.

I hope you're having a nice, stress-free day.

Diane

Ok, I added the email field to the 2nd page, but that didn't fix the problem. In the email results it's shows:

email:
    realname:
    Diane_Smith: Diane Smith

diane@yahoo.com; diane@yahoo.com
    Why isn't it putting the info in the "email" and "realname" field like it's suposed to? And why is it giving doulble info. I must be missing something cuz when I look at the fields in page 2 they look the same as the ones on page 1.

And it still says the message is coming from dridpath@p3nlh003.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

Thx,
    Diane

One more thing (x-ing fingers)...I got the results of each page in two separate emails, one for each form page. Is there any way to make both come in one email?
    whenever formail sees a "recipients" field, it emails u.

so, remove the recipients field from ur first page

email and realname can be a bit annoying at times

here's wot i found works best:
    1. change the names of the fields to, say "EmailAddr" and "Name". Do this on ur page 1 - where the user enters them.
    2. on ur page 2 (which sends the email), add these hidden fields:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="email" value="$EmailAddr" />
    <input type="hidden" name="realname" value="$Name" />
    that should fix the address the email is coming from too.

Thread Information