Thread: Captcha error in some browsers

Default Captcha error in some browsers

If a user submits a form with any required fields missing then upon returning to the form the captcha image doesn't change in most browsers, IE being the exception.

When the form is resubmitted using the same captcha image the verify_image error results.

Because IE loads a new captcha image when using the back button it isn't a problem. However, Opera, Firefox and Chrome suffer from this problem.

Anyone know of a solution please?

Default Re: Captcha error in some browsers

Does the captcha change when it was entered incorrectly? I have noticed such erroneous behavior by the browsers you mentioned myself. So Im interested what causes this. Maybe when a user misses to fill out a field you could instruct them to reload the page. That should load a new image.

Default Re: Captcha error in some browsers

Quote Originally Posted by FormsOf8 View Post
    Does the captcha change when it was entered incorrectly? I have noticed such erroneous behavior by the browsers you mentioned myself. So Im interested what causes this. Maybe when a user misses to fill out a field you could instruct them to reload the page. That should load a new image.
    Only in IE does the captcha image change if the back button is clicked. I'm sure you're right and if the page is reloaded then a new captcha image is created. However, all the data already entered by the user is also erased - most annoying!

I'm just about to look at Tectite's fmbadhandler.php - maybe this will provide a solution as it's a more sophisticated way of dealing with erroneous entries. (allegedly)

Thread Information