Thread: "Error while processing the form [M23]"

Default "Error while processing the form [M23]"

Hi, Just upgraded to Formmail.php v.7. I'm getting the following message when attempting to submit the form:

forward: no home HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 21:29:53 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11 Set-Cookie: ASACONTACT14536555=ee2df28f1e5b7cd6a51d841a4f625708; path=/ Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Connection: close Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html 179 An error occurred while processing the form [M23].

Our staff have been alerted to the error [M24].
    We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused. [M26]
    Here's the error message that formmail.php sent to me:

The following error occurred in FormMail [M18]:
    mail_failed
    Error=Failed to send email [M94]
    I doublechecked the spelling of all values, including the "special" values (recipients, email, subject, realname (which is derived)) and all are correct. REAL_DOCUMENT_ROOT is correct as are the TARGET_EMAIL values. Is there something to the cookie expiration date above that would be causing this? Anything else? Mail is being sent by the server fine, otherwise.

Thanks,

railer
    Last edited by railer; 18-May-2005 at 09:42 PM.

Default Re: "Error while processing the form [M23]"

Hi,

forward: no home HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 21:29:53 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11 Set-Cookie: ASACONTACT14536555=ee2df28f1e5b7cd6a51d841a4f625708; path=/ Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Connection: close Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html
    Most of this is the HTTP response header, which you never see because it's information for the browser.

The browser should not be showing this.

Perhaps the initial output of "forward: no home" is the culprit. Where is that coming from? It should not be output to the browser before the HTTP response header.

FormMail isn't outputting that, so I think it must be PHP or something else on your server that's doing it.
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

Default Re: "Error while proc..." Looks like a server problem.

Thanks for your response. Looks like this might be a server problem with sending email from within this particular domain (a virtual host) to addresses with the same domain name in the address, since the form does send mail to other domain addresses from different domains. Will let you know what was causing the problem to finish off this thread properly.

Note: I didn't quote it below but under the error message was a line that said:

"Your form submission was processed by (7.00), available from www.tectite.com . [M27] "

So formmail was involved somehow in this message.

Default Re: "Error while processing the form [M23]"

Hi,

Let me clarify. FormMail is sending the output to the browser, but it's not sending the initial "forward: no home".

That initial string is breaking the HTTP protocol from the server to the browser and that's why you're seeing the stuff you're not supposed to see.

The browser is expecting to see
    Code:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    on the first line of output. That's the start of the HTTP response from the server.

Normally, the browser reads and interprets this and everything up to a blank line (which would be just after the "Content-Type: text/html").

The rest is then interpreted as the body of the response and is usually HTML or plain text.

But, instead, it's seeing "forward: no home". The browser therefore says "I don't have a clue what this means, so I'll just dump it all to the screen in text format".

In short, something on your server is outputting "forward: no home" when it shouldn't be, and this is breaking the HTTP protocol.

I did a search on Google, and someone else has had this problem. It's appears that "sendmail" might be the culprit:
    http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/11205

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...09e6f1281145b0
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

Thread Information