Thread: Show name in autoresponder

Default Show name in autoresponder

I got my autoresponder working, but I would like the name of the company to show up as the display name, rather than the e-mail address. I don't see an option to do this, is this possible?

Here is what I have:

<input type="hidden" name="autorespond" value="Subject=Thank you for contacting Red Key Title Agency, FromAddr=cjschuel_RKT_yahoo.com, PlainTemplate=contactus.txt" />

I would also like the name of the person who submitted the request to show up in their e-mail submission. Here is what I have. I just can't figure it out.

<input type="hidden" name="mail_options" value="PlainTemplate=contactus.txt,FromLineStyle=NameRouteAddr,AlwaysList" />

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

Default Re: Show name in autoresponder

I would also like the name of the person who submitted the request to show up in their e-mail submission. Here is what I have. I just can't figure it out.

<input type="hidden" name="mail_options" value="PlainTemplate=contactus.txt,FromLineStyle=NameRouteAddr,AlwaysList" />
    that's right, but u need to make sure u have a field called "realname" which has their name in it. the best way is to derive "realname" from ur field that contains the name

I got my autoresponder working, but I would like the name of the company to show up as the display name, rather than the e-mail address. I don't see an option to do this, is this possible?

Here is what I have:

<input type="hidden" name="autorespond" value="Subject=Thank you for contacting Red Key Title Agency,
    FromAddr=cjschuel_RKT_yahoo.com, PlainTemplate=contactus.txt" />
    try this:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="autorespond" value="Subject=Thank you for  contacting Red Key Title Agency,
     FromAddr=(Company name) <cjschuel_RKT_yahoo.com>,  PlainTemplate=contactus.txt" />
    or this:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="autorespond" value="Subject=Thank you for  contacting Red Key Title Agency,
     FromAddr=&quot;Company name&quot; &lt;cjschuel_RKT_yahoo.com&gt;,  PlainTemplate=contactus.txt" />

Thank you for your response. I got the Company Name to show up correctly on the autoresponder.

However, I still can't get the Name of the person to show up on their e-mail submission. I do have a realname field. Here is what I have

<input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="realname=first_name+last_name" />

<input name="first_name" id="first_name" type="text"/>
    <input name="last_name" id="last_name" type="text" />

I did try and replace the hidden realname field with a text input field called realname and then the name came thru properly on the e-mail. But I didn't wan't the realname to have to be input, I thought it would get picked up in my hidden realname field.

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
    Chris

I figured out the problem, no need to look at this. When I was adding the re-captcha to my page, I inadvertantly created a second derive_fields field when I was trying to get that to work. So my realname field was not being found in my first derive_fields. I combined them together and it works just fine. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information