Thread: HTML Form

Default HTML Form

Hi guys

I've got everything working perfectly with my form sending a nice HTML email to my inbox. My dilemma right now is that I'm basically trying to send HTML via one of the hidden values. I've got it sending fine (thanks Russell from earlier today) and inserting it where I want in the HTML template using $CartData. However it's just treating it as text, and not source code. Is there any way I can tell it to actually use it as code and not treat it as text?

Thanks!

Default Re: HTML Form

This isn't possible to perform? Or maybe I didn't explain very clearly.

Hi,

Any field values are expanded as HTML "entities" when placed in a template.

This means you can't add HTML code via a hidden field.

This is an important security feature.

What you can do is use our Advanced Templates feature to enable or disable sections of HTML in a template. This avoids any security problems.

However, this is a feature of our non-free Computation Module (current price is US$245).
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by russellr View Post
    Hi,

Any field values are expanded as HTML "entities" when placed in a template.

This means you can't add HTML code via a hidden field.

This is an important security feature.

What you can do is use our Advanced Templates feature to enable or disable sections of HTML in a template. This avoids any security problems.

However, this is a feature of our non-free Computation Module (current price is US$245).
    Hi Russell,

This is a feature that I'm going to need, so it looks like I'll need to purchase the Module. Just a few quick questions:

- Is it a one time fee or is that the annual license fee?
    - Is it easy enough to do what I'm trying to do using the module? All I need to do here is to switch off the html entities on that field.

Thanks Russell.

P.S. I'm in Brisbane - is the price $245USD or $264AUD as listed on the web? Many thanks.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Ryn View Post
    This is a feature that I'm going to need, so it looks like I'll need to purchase the Module. Just a few quick questions:

- Is it a one time fee or is that the annual license fee?
    It's a one-time fee. You get the complete source code and can use it on multiple sites you own.

- Is it easy enough to do what I'm trying to do using the module? All I need to do here is to switch off the html entities on that field.
    It's easy to do and we'll show you how.

Here's a quick example:
    HTML Code:
    <if "$SendHTML">
    <p>
    This is any HTML stuff you want to include in the output of the template.
    </p>
    <div>
    There is no enforced size limit or restrictions on the <a href="javascript:alert('HTML is cool');">HTML</a> you can include.
    </div>
    </if>
    P.S. I'm in Brisbane - is the price $245USD or $264AUD as listed on the web? Many thanks.
    As an Aussie, your price is AUD$264.

Hi,
    I am a little unclear about your answer to the questions above.
    I have Formmail 8.36 and the encoder running fine on my server, but I want to have HTML output of my form results. Above you seem to imply that with the Computation Module, I could get my output in HTML. But in answers to other questions, you imply this is impossible ("the decoder doesn't know html"). What is the answer?

What I am currently doing - I have HTML in my plain text template, When it hits the decoder, I use "Save As" and name an html file, then I can open it in a browser and print an html formatted output. But is there a better way? Maybe using the Computation Module?

Thanks,
    Jim Allen

Hi,

The question in this thread is about the HTML form sending through HTML code into the template.

That generally can't be done for security reasons. However, later versions of FormMail have added support for a limited amount of HTML that can be passed through (using the TEXT_SUBS feature).

The original poster wanted to choose bits of HTML to pass through based on answers in the form. At the time, this could not be done and the solution was Advanced Templates - these allow the template to make a decision about which HTML code is output from the template.

All this is completely separate to the issue of whether FormMailDecoder can deal with HTML directly. It can't.

And the way you use to display HTML after decryption is currently the only way to achieve what I think you want.

Thread Information