Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selected Options on Dropdowns Not Working

Default Re: Selected Options on Dropdowns Not Working

Once again, crabtree, you've astounded me with your expertise. Followed your suggestions exactly, problem fixed! Will probably never know what I did to the original FormMail but it doesn't necessarily matter now. Everything's happy! Thanks a lot for all the help!

Argh. Spoke to soon, as usual. Now that multiple formmail.ini setup you pointed me to that I had working is broken. One step forward, two steps back. I'm just going to have to do this from scratch.

right....

i haven't used the multiple ini file stuff myself, i'm surprised it broke the multipage stuff

sounds like u really should contact tectite and get some help from them.

they wrote this and theyre the real experts

I've got it fixed. The Upgrade Wizard broke something; again, can't be sure what. So I downloaded a fresh copy of v8.29, edited it manually, and re-uploaded it. Everything's groovie for now. For a robust script, it seems very sensitive and easy to break. It's especially odd considering whatever is breaking does not appear to be intrinsic to the code because neither Dreamweaver's nor Notepad++'s code syntax highlighting indicates a single error. And the form was always still processing and mailing submissions just fine. I can also rule out input errors/typos, because I simply copied and pasted my values from the old script into the new one and it works. Very weird indeed.

Update: HAHAHAHHAA! Damn it. The pre-selected options on dropdowns are broken again on page 3. I just can't have my way with this script. I'll bug support. I guess bribery is in order at this point.
    Last edited by centerNegative; 04-Aug-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Alright then, problem solved through a process of elimination and determined to be this:

As I was using John Hunter's multi-config hook, I had setup three config files for each page of the form. Basically, they were all identical copies excepting some tweaks for relevant required fields, etc. They also all included the [email_addresses] category which, of course, is really only required on the final page. So, I commented those lines out in the first two config files and the pre-selected options on the time menus on the third page are now working properly. Very quirky. I suspect it will probably break again soon over similarly minute details. But now my guard is up.

Thread Information