Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autoresponder Problems

Default Autoresponder Problems

Hello everyone,

First off I want to say how much I love this site and its forms. I have been using it for years with absolutely no problems. So... I want to use the autorespond feature but for some reason cannot get it to work. I have read the FAQs and how to guide and it still craps out.

I currently have a form using Captcha and everything works fantastic with no errors. All I want to do is send a simple confirmation email that lists what was put in the form.

Can someone please give me simple steps on how to do this? I follow the guide but it still doesnt work.

Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Dan

Default Re: Autoresponder Problems

if u already have captcha working, then u simply need to derive a field called "arverify" from the current captcha field "imgverify".

HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="arverify=imgverify" />
    then add in ur autorespond hidden field to specify wot u want it to do.

Thanks for rsponding. This is what I have in my form:

<input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="imgverify=Turing" />

then I added this for autorespond
    <input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="arverify=imgverify" />
    <input type="hidden" name="autorespond" value="PlainTemplate=email.txt,Subject=Stuff,FromAddr=email@es.ca,TemplateMissing=" />

Again, the form works fine without the autorespond, I am using the Captchacreator verification - not the google.

Please help. I feel that i must be missing something small.

When i try the form I get the following:

"An error occurred while processing the form .

The form required some values that you did not seem to provide.
    Please enter the correct image characters - press your back button and try again"

I need help
    Dan

u can't add a second derive_fields field - HTML doesn't let u

instead:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="imgverify=Turing,arverify=Turing" />

Thank you for that part. It is now letting me submit the form with captcha. BUT i now get the following errors:

1 email says:
    The following error occurred in FormMail :
    Autoresponder failed

2nd email says:
    Failed to open template "www.xxxxx.ca/receipt/templates/email.txt" : fopen(www.xxxxx.ca/receipt/templates/email.txt) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The directory is there. And the email.txt file is there?

I am so close

Dan

Hi,

Not sure if the first message is related to the second, but the second error message indicates a path problem. Are you using $TEMPLATEDIR or $TEMPLATEURL (you shouldn't be using both). If you're using $TEMPLATEDIR you need to get the "server path" to your template directory. You can get this from your host, or you can run testalert (http://yourdomain.com/path-to-formmail.php?testalert=1) . You should then receive an email with the server path to your document root, which should be enough for you to tell the path to the template directory.

ginger

I am using the $TemplateURL and the path is correct. The folder has the txt file. Everything seems right, but for some reason everytime I use the form I get a good email send using the captcha, but my autorespond address gets 2 emails.

1. The following error occurred in FormMail :
    Autoresponder failed

2. The following error occurred in FormMail :
    Failed to open template "www.xxx/receipt/templates/receiptEmailTemplate.txt" : fopen(www.xxx/receipt/templates/receiptEmailTemplate.txt) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The file is there and so is the directory. When I copy and past the link to the text file in the browser it comes up so i know the path is correct.

I dont know what else to do. Is there something else I can post that can identify my problem?

Dan

Looks like you're missing the "http://" portion of the url. See if that solves the problem.

ginger

I am so sorry to be a bother. I have added the http, but it is still doing the same thing. Here is all my info. Hopefully its something small, but I just cant see it.

<input type="hidden" name="derive_fields" value="imgverify=Turing,arverify=Turing" />
    <input type="hidden" name="autorespond" value="PlainTemplate=email.txt,Subject=Your Program Receipt,FromAddr=webmaster@xxxxx.ca,TemplateMissing=" />

$TEMPLATEURL = "http://www.xxxxx.ca/receipt/templates";
    $TEMPLATEDIR = "";

Their is a txt file in the template folder (email.txt). The form and handler is in the receipt folder.

I am getting the following errors:

email 1:
    The following error occurred in FormMail : Autoresponder failed

email 2:
    Failed to open template "www.es-hockey.ca/receipt/templates/receiptEmailTemplate.txt" : fopen(http://www.es-hockey.ca/receipt/temp...ilTemplate.txt) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

email 3:
    successful submission of form.

I did have this working properly last year but with the older version of formmail.

Help! Thanks for checking this out. I appreciate it.
    Dan

What is the name of your autorespond template: email.txt or receiptEmailTemplate.txt?

Thread Information