Thread: Forms and Languages.

Default Forms and Languages.

I presently have 5 forms in different languages on my website. I want to use the translation files currently available. I have read the instructions on this page: http://www.tectite.com/fmhowto/translate.php and to be honest I find it very confusing. I read it as --Add an English file to act as a French or Swedish file.

First of all I will explain my structure of the website.
    [Main folder]
    V
    Various folders including one for [forms] and another for [messages]
    V
    Under the main folder I will have various files including landing page, plus other files including the formail.php file.In the [forms] folder I will have the five contact forms. In the [message] folder I will have templates for the messages. (One good message the other the bad message) I also inclined to add the language.inc files here too.

My questions are:
    1 Do I have to add a form.php for every language?
    2 How do I call up the various language.inc files if I use just one form.php?
    3 Is the calling up of the language.inc file automatically done via the wizard? If so where is this in the form.php file? I ask this as I feel I may need to rename the language.inc files for obvious reasons.

I hope this is clear I have tried to layout an idea of the folders to maybe help illustrate the structure of my website. The V are links!

Ian

Default Re: Forms and Languages.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I presently have 5 forms in different languages on my website. I want to use the translation files currently available. I have read the instructions on this page: http://www.tectite.com/fmhowto/translate.php and to be honest I find it very confusing.
    Those instructions are for how to translate the messages from English, not for how to use the language packs.

I read it as --Add an English file to act as a French or Swedish file.
    No. Each language file has a specific file indicator, but must be renamed to "language.inc" to become active.

My questions are:
    1 Do I have to add a form.php for every language?
    Yes, in the current version of FormMail, only one language file can be used per copy of FormMail.

If you have good server OS (Linux/Unix), you can use symbolic links and your directory structure to get around this easily.

Alternatively, you can patch FormMail to implement logic that can select a language pack based on an input field (say from the individual form).

2 How do I call up the various language.inc files if I use just one form.php?
    See above.

3 Is the calling up of the language.inc file automatically done via the wizard? If so where is this in the form.php file? I ask this as I feel I may need to rename the language.inc files for obvious reasons.
    The Wizard lets you select a single language file and includes it in the download. You still have to install it alongside FormMail.

If you would like us to implement support for multiple language packs with one copy of FormMail, we do have plans for this, and can discuss bringing it forward in our development plans. Please email me if you want to discuss this further.
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

Thanks for the advice. I will be working on this later in the day. If I find I need a lot more help Then using one of your help plans maybe the way to go.
    Ian

Well this article have much useful things to do i was wrong to think of waste of this article space. you provide better suggestion and solution.!

Thread Information