Thread: Failed delivery on user email domain

Default Failed delivery on user email domain

I'm trying to debug intermittent delivery failures from our web forms. Most of the time everything works perfectly, but some don't come through, with no error message sent. The only way I can reproduce the fault is by entering a user eamil address in my form with the domain xxx@test.com. If I use xxx@testing.com or xxx@test.net or any other random text in the format xxx@xxx.xxx it works fine. Why does it fail on the test.com email domain alone? Are there any other email addresses it will fail on? I do use required field scripts on the html with a trip wire for invalid email formats (missing "@" or ".xxx"), but xxx@test.com is a valid format.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?

Default Re: Failed delivery on user email domain

it sounds like something ur host is doing

u could use mail_options FromAddr to always send from ur own email address and then use "replyto" to make it easy to reply to the person filling in the form

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that we are just not receiving some messages from the web forms at all, so I couldn't reply to the user even if I used my own email as the "from" address. It appears to occur when the user fills in their own email address in the user "email" field on the html form in a certain way. I have found that @test.com doesn't work, but I don't know if there are other addresses it is filtering out. I was wondering if theer was a setting in the script that tried to validate or ping an email server. It may be something in our host provider, but it's very odd that it takes exception to a single field in the data, nothing to do with the sending or recipient addresses.

by setting ur address in FromAddr, the emails might become reliable.

as to why some things might get blocked....server spam filters are not reliable things

tectite has recently launched a hosted forms service - y not try that and avoid server problems?

i believe they offer a free option

Thread Information