Thread: New Outlook Profile won't allow decoder to work?

Default New Outlook Profile won't allow decoder to work?

One person left the business and the new person is using the same computer and pulling in the same e-mail address that was used that is encoded but into her new Outlook Profile. The decoding software won't work unless she logs in with the old employees profile. I don't have any directions for installing or setting up the decoder because the client purchased the license and is the documentation listed in the Help section when opening the Decoder program? Do you need the Call Home Code and if so, how do I tell the client to get it? It doesn't help that we set this up about 4 years ago and I am very rusty on remembering what we did.

Default Re: New Outlook Profile won't allow decoder to work?

Hi,

You should be able to remove the product and re-install it under the new user.

If there are any difficulties with this, please send me the Call Home Code for the license.
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

I finally was able get into the office where they are using the decryption. Since there is a new person there and a new e-mail address, this is what is happening:

1. She gets the encrypted e-mail.
    2. She copies the encrypted portion.
    3. She opens the decryption software.
    4. Enters the password
    5. Pastes the encrypted info
    6. Copies and pastes it into another document to save.

When I tested it a few years ago, the person could just click on it in the email and it automatically decrypted so there was only 1 step to the 5 above. They did not believe me that it was that easy!

Since I sent this, they purchased and installed the latest version of the decryption software to work with Outlook 2010.

I need to know if they uninstall and reinstall we can fix this.

In Help -> The software shows the e-mail address as the previous person's e-mail address and the key pair is from one of their other, older licenses. Can we keep the old key pair and just update the software so it has the new person's e-mail address and it should work with the one-click?

Let me know off-list if you need any other info from me. I have the call home code now.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffeweb View Post

When I tested it a few years ago, the person could just click on it in the email and it automatically decrypted so there was only 1 step to the 5 above. They did not believe me that it was that easy!

Since I sent this, they purchased and installed the latest version of the decryption software to work with Outlook 2010.
    Outlook has bugs handling correct email formats. You need to use the "filter_options" feature in FormMail to specify that you want the encrypted data attached to the email:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="filter_options" value="Attach=data.fmencoded" />
    If the attachment doesn't appear in the email, it's due to either a server problem or a bug in Outlook. In this case, set BODY_LF in FormMail's configuration section to "\n" and if that still doesn't work, set HEAD_CRLF to "\n" too.

I need to know if they uninstall and reinstall we can fix this.
    No, the problem is with the server and/or Outlook.

In Help -> The software shows the e-mail address as the previous person's e-mail address and the key pair is from one of their other, older licenses. Can we keep the old key pair and just update the software so it has the new person's e-mail address and it should work with the one-click?
    The key pair is in the ".fmk" file and is unrelated to the email address. The license, however, is checked using the email address - but this can be changed. Just let us know the old email address and the new email address.

I hope that helps.
    Russell Robinson - Author of Tectite FormMail and FormMailDecoder
    http://www.tectite.com/

Thread Information