Thread: Is there a way to have fields appear based on selections?

Red face Is there a way to have fields appear based on selections?

Since I can't use the "NoEmpty" variable (I use HTML templates) and I really don't want my customer having to get an email with their submission results showing 20 blank fields, I am wondering if there is a simple way around this.....

I am creating an RSVP form. A person can RSVP for up to 10 guests. Each guest must have a name in the RSVP though. So let's say Joe Smith wants to RSVP for himself and his wife. He fills out his name, email, phone, etc... then below in "additional guests" he enters his wife's name and email. There are 8 additional open fields for more guests though so when he gets his HTML email with his submission results, after his info and his wife's he has to see: Guest Name / Email N/A ....8 more times below all that.

Is there a way for me to ask "how many guests are you RSVPing for" and then based on the number they input, the additional text fields pop up? So if he says "2" then below the area where he would enter his information, a single line pops up asking for the additional guest's name and email. That way we don't both get emails with 8 empty fields?

Default Re: Is there a way to have fields appear based on selections?

You could probably do this with JavaScript. When they fill out the number of guests, the number of contact fields will appear. I would plan on having a maximum number of guest fields to help keep things manageable.

Then, the trick would be to get the fields properly inserted in your e-mail message template, which formats the form data in the message sent to you.

Peace...

Thread Information