Thread: SESSION WARNING:The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid char

Default SESSION WARNING:The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid char

I'm getting the following error warnings just before displaying a good template:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /home/jdclassic/code/unprotected_new.php on line 5

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jdclassic/code/unprotected_new.php:5) in /home/jdclassic/code/unprotected_new.php on line 5

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/jdclassic/code/unprotected_new.php:5) in /home/jdclassic/code/unprotected_new.php on line 5

I'm using PHP SESSIONS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: SESSION WARNING:The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid

It appears that I may have found a workaround for this issue but it's still not working the way I would like it to.

I created a PHPRC file with the following: session.hash_bits_per_character = 5

It appears that session.hash_bits_per_character = 6 (the default on my hosting server) will occasionally cause invalid
    characters in the session_id. After changing to =5 the illegal character message has disappeared. However, I'm still
    experiencing an issue where confirmation page (good_template) has a new session_id. I can't access any of the session
    variables in the confirmation page that I've set prior running FORMMAIL.

Is this a limitation imposed by FORMMAIL or PHP? Is there any way the session_id can be preserved going thru FORMMAIL
    to the confirmation page?

Thanks.

Thread Information