Thread: Multiple Form Submission Emails being sent

Default Multiple Form Submission Emails being sent

Hello,

I've been getting multiple copies of form submission emails sent to me on random form submissions. I don't know if it's a burp in the server or someone spamming the send button. Maybe once or twice a month this will happen.

Anyone have any ideas why I would receive 6 copies of one person's form submission?

Default Re: Multiple Form Submission Emails being sent

I am having the same issue. I have been using the same form for years without any issues. Recently I am getting multiple copies of the same form submission emailed to me. I've has as many as 17 emails for the same form submission. The form has a built-in feature that prevents the user from submitting the form multiple times so I believe this is an issue on the server. I've upgraded the form to the latest version available but that doesn't solve the issue.

Anyone else experience this who has figured out a solution? Thank you - Dave.

This just seemed to be a burp in the system for me. It hasn't happened to me since I last posted about it 6+ months ago. I have upgraded my server with more ram and cpus since then so perhaps that helped. Regardless, I think there should be a check made in the script to check whether it has already been submitted or not. It's almost like some balloon effect where it gets blocked and then inflates by resending the email over and over until it blows up and sends them all lol.

I switched from running PHP 5.2 to 5.4. I have no idea if that is causing the issue or not. But I'm going to switch back and see if that makes a difference. Its hard to diagnose because even though its happening on a daily basis it doesn't happen every time.

I think, it will not accept all the emails.

Thread Information