Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: required field error

Hi,

I'm at the testing phase (we're doing a csv file for now, btw), and I filled in all required fields, submitted the form and got an error

An error occurred while processing the form. The error was: The form required some values that you did not seem to provide.

It then gives a list of all my required fields except for realname and email.

What's wrong?

I think I'm missing something entirely. I don't suppose you have an example of a configured, modified script, so I can see what one is supposed to look like?

Thanks,

Ibis

Hi,

If you look in your HTML form, do you have a "required" field specified?* This lists the fields that FormMail will enforce a value.

Empty that field and FormMail will let you submit without any fields specified.

We can't easily provide a sample FormMail script because the only line you need to change to get it working is $TARGET_EMAIL - and that's specific to your site.

If you'd like a working HTML form, let me know and I'll send you one.

I do have a required field specified. What exactly do I do with the fieldnames within the formmail script? This goes for all the other fields I have... Am I supposed to input them somewhere? I couldn't really figure it out from the documentation. Also, what about my recipients & csvfile?*THis is what my html looks like:

Code:
    <input name="recipients" type="hidden" value="myaddress[mangle character]thewebdynamic.com" />
    <input name="required" type="hidden" value="realname, fname, mob, dob, yob, sin, marital, add, addcity, addprov, addpc, apphone, 
    email, cury, curm, curllname, curllphone, employer, empad, empcity, empphone, occupation, tmecuremp, cgmi, mortrent" />
    <input name="alert_to" type="hidden" value="mdnoel[mangle character]thewebdynamic.com" />
    <input name="subject" type="hidden" value="Form Submission" />
    <input name="logfile" type="hidden" value="formmail.log" />
    <input name="csvfile" type="hidden" value="formmail.csv" />
    <input name="csvcolumns" type="hidden" value="realname, fname, mi, add, addcity, addprov, addpc, apphone, apcell, mob, dob, yob, sin, marital, nood,* 
    email, cury, curm, ooro, curllname, curllphone, prevadd, pacity, paprov, papc, pllname, pllphone, employer, empad, empcity, empprov, emppc, 
    empphone, occupation, tmecuremp, pemp, pempad, pempcity, pempprov, pemppc, pempphone, pocc, pemptime, pgmi, cgmi, mortrent, oloans, bankrupt,
    mdis, ddis, ydis, refname, refphone, refrel, cosignap, clastname, cfname, cmi, cadd, caddcity, caddprov, caddpc, capphone, capcell, 
    cmob, cdob, cyob, csin, cmarital, cnood, cemail, ccury, ccurm, cooro, ccurllname, ccurllphone, cprevadd, cpacity, cpaprov, cpapc, cpllname, cpllphone, cemployer, cempad, 
    cempcity, cempprov, cemppc, cempphone, coccupation, ctmecuremp, cpemp, cpempad, cpempcity, cpempprov, cpemppc, cpempphone, cpocc, cpemptime, cpgmi, ccgmi, 
    cmortrent, coloans" />
    Thanks so much for all of your assistance with*this; I really appreciate it!

Ibis

Hi,

Let's take this a step at a time.

The first problem you described is that FormMail is insisting that you fill in fields on you form.

As you've shown, you have the required field as follows:

Code:
    <input name="required" type="hidden" value="realname, fname, mob, dob, yob, sin, marital, add, addcity, addprov, addpc, apphone, 
    email, cury, curm, curllname, curllphone, employer, empad, empcity, empphone, occupation, tmecuremp, cgmi, mortrent" />
    So, FormMail wil show an error message if any one of the above fields is not provided by the form user.

Is that what you want?

Now, please note that you need to remove the spaces from this list.* So, it should be:

Code:
    <input name="required" type="hidden" value="realname,fname,mob,dob,yob,sin,marital,add,addcity,addprov,addpc,apphone,
    email,cury,curm,curllname,curllphone,employer,empad,empcity,empphone,occupation,tmecuremp, cgmi,mortrent" />
    That applies to all your lists.* So, you should remove the spaces after the commas in all your lists.

Let me know how you go with the above.* When we've resolved it, we'll move on to the next issue.

Okay.

I'm ready for step 2.

Great!

You have these two settings in your HTML form.

Code:
    <input name="logfile" type="hidden" value="formmail.log" />
    <input name="csvfile" type="hidden" value="formmail.csv" />
    These settings are fine.

Now, you need to configure FormMail on two lines:

1. Look for $LOGDIR around line 605.* You need to set this to the full path name of a directory where you're going to keep log files on your server [/*]
    2. Look for $CSVDIR around line 621.* Similarly, you need to set this to the full path name of a directory where you're going to store the CSV files on your server.
    Here's an example:

Code:
    $LOGDIR = "/home/yourname/logs";

$CSVDIR = "/home/yourname/csv";
    You need to specify the right values for your server.

Combining this with your specification in your form, FormMail will try to write to these files:

Code:
    /home/yourname/logs/formmail.log

and

/home/yourname/csv/formmail.csv
    Finally, you need to do these steps:
    [/*]
    1. Create the directories "/home/yourname/logs" and "/home/yourname/csv" on your server. [/*]
    2. Create files*called ""/home/yourname/logs/formmail.log" and "/home/yourname/csv/formmail.csv" on your server [/*]
    3. Make these files writable by everyone: rw-rw-rw[/*]
    Let me know how you go.

so far so good (i think)! what now?

m

Now you can submit forms and the data should go into the CSV file.

Download the CSV file and process it the way you want (e.g. load into an Access database).

ok. it says that
    An error occurred while processing the form. The error was: The form has an internal error - no valid recipients were specified.

now what?

Either remove the "recipients" field from your form, or ensure that $TARGET_EMAIL is set correctly in formmail.php.

If you remove the recipients line, the CSV file will be appended to, but you won't get email.*

Thread Information