Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upload File / Attachements

Default Re: Upload File / Attachements

ohh....i wuz just gonna say the same thing

I cannot get files to upload either..everything else works great!

The first time I received an email indicating that the file upload attempt was ignored.

I changed the upload attribute to "true" in the .php file and now I get this error message in the browser when I try to upload:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/13252/domains/brickimaging.com/html/BrickImaging.php on line 6637

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Jason

Oh yeah, the form is located at:

www.BrickImaging.com/SubmitProject.html

Thanks,

Jason

youve corrupted the PHP code

start again and be more careful

read the doco

oh yeah....and dont use dreamweaver or frontpage to edit php files

Quote Originally Posted by jan6z
    I cannot get files to upload either..everything else works great!

I changed the upload attribute to "true" in the .php file and now I get this error message in the browser when I try to upload:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/13252/domains/brickimaging.com/html/BrickImaging.php on line 6637

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Jason
    I get similar and have had no success in upoading files to any server. I am puzzled and given the replies to your post and similar, I am wondering if I should go into details? Anyone know of any more comprehensive instructions and the pitfalls in addition to the seemingly excellent ones on this subject at the Tectite site? I get notices about the T-Variable if I ever enter anything at all in $FILE_REPOSITORY = ""; between the commas? Shall I go into details, anyone had loads of trouble and found a way out? I use BBEdit on a Mac.

Other than file upload, all works fine.

any mesg that says:
    Code:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE
    or similar means youve corrupted the PHP code

it means u havent been careful with ur edits

there are good examples to help in the doco

also, if using a Mac PC and a Linux server beware of differences in lines - Macs use carriage return (for some braindead reason), Windows uses carriage return + line feed (thats braindead too), Linux uses line feed

so u must have the right conversions in place when moving files between systems

Yes, I was suspecting corruption in the transfer from my machine to the server (unix) and posted a question about it on another forum yesterday. I might as well quote the question in case anyone can shed helpful light on it here:

"Having some bothersome problems to do with uploading php script
    for a formmail when it gets changed with my text editor. It
    seems to be getting corrupted. Anyway, I won't bang on with the
    whole story but there is something I seek clear dirrection on.

I use an FTP program called Cyberduck on a Mac running OS 10+ and
    there are 3 options for a preference setting called Convert Line
    Endings: Unix, Mac, and Windows Line Endings. I have previously
    had it on "Mac". In Cyberduck one can download a file on a
    server,change it and save it and it auto uploads the changes.
    When I do this on a particular formmail php script (from Tectite
    who concentrate on Windows) it seems to corrupt it and I have to
    start with a fresh copy etc.

There is another small matter, I have the preference for text-encoding for the particular business of transfers to the server I am using to test forms on as utf-8. Can this cause trouble with the formmail script from Tectite?

Whatever I have so far experimented with in settings, I still have had no luck in actually seeing any file appear uploaded to my server. I have been most careful to read the url you supply. It is not care I need to be urged to take, it is ignorance of factors I need to be rid of. I jhave even contacted the server admin and they replied that yes, on my plan I can upload from forms but said that I should take care to

1.please upload those files under the folder "public_html"

2.make sure your folder has the right permission.

I made a folder called fileUploads and set it complete permissions (as a test) but no gif or jpg or anything ever ends up there.

I am sure there is some combination of settings and addresses and permissions that will turn the trick. But I am stuck for now.

I am no longer getting corruption (and having no trouble at all apart from when I try to upload a file via a form) but I am getting things like the following error message:

The following error occurred in FormMail :
    Failed to save file '/tmp/phpEtsReU' to '/public_html/uploads')/cope-003.jpg': Unable to move '/tmp/phpEtsReU' to '/public_html/uploads')/cope-003.jpg'

preference setting called Convert Line
    Endings
    u want this set to Unix.

There is another small matter, I have the preference for text-encoding for the particular business of transfers to the server I am using to test forms on as utf-8. Can this cause trouble with the formmail script from Tectite?
    transfer text files as plain ascii text. that is not utf-8 or iso-8859-1 - it's plain text

Failed to save file '/tmp/phpEtsReU' to '/public_html/uploads')/cope-003.jpg': Unable to move '/tmp/phpEtsReU' to '/public_html/uploads')/cope-003.jpg'
    this means u have not set FILE_REPOSITORY right

/public_html/uploads is not the right path - there will be directories before /public_html

u need to know the correct full path from the root on the server

http://..../formmail.php?testalert=1 can often help with that

Seems I have it all working now! The files I upload in my tests do not appear in a hurry in the folder specified on the server. It needs some jiggling for them to show up. Like eg, re applying permissions for the folder concerned or simply hitting refresh from the right click context menu when clicking on a server folder or even deleting some other thing in the folder! It is like hitting a noisy engine with a hammer and it quietens! I have no idea why stuff I upload in the test do not simply appear, especially when I discoonect from the server and reconnect. I am suspecting the FTP program I am using is not shedding cache properly but I do not know this. Anyway, I am pleased enough for now, thanks for responding to queries.

Thread Information